Photo Cred

Friday, November 30, 2012

Full Moon On Glory

With a blanket of new snow in the hills, I was stoked to get out for a lap on Mt. Glory after work on Monday.  "After work" ended up being later than planned, so by the time I finished the bike commute home with Rue and threw my stuff together the sunset was burning over the Big Holes.  I drove away from the house knowing that near-dark was about to be full-dark.

Alpenglow on Mt. Taylor gave way to starry skies by the time I parked the truck up at Teton Pass, but a full moon rising gave out plenty of light to launch up the bootpack.  Cruising up the bootpack felt great--after the first tree band it was just about like any other day in the winter.  Fun to mix up the winter exercise routine--can't ride rollers every day.


AOOOOoooooooo....

A light wind and cool temps kept me motivated to transition quickly at the top, and then it was powder turns all the way to the bottom!

In my dreams.  

There were some good powder turns, but there were also extended stretches of snowy bushwhacking peppered with bedrock.  Fortunately my body and my Wagner Custom board held up just fine.  It would be unfortunate to end my season this early.

Better bootpacking than snowboarding, but it's all fun under a full moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment